Keeping You Updated
Why should you join us for the hour of code?
We're celebrating the 1st Day of Hanukkah!
Day 2 of Hanukkah
The Staten Island Museum Visits the 4th Grade Again! Wow!
The Staten Island Museum Visit to the 4th Grade to culminate their unit on the Lenape Indians
The Staten Island Museum came to visit the 4th graders!
SEL & Daily Mental Health
Updates for Families 2021-22 School Year
- 8:00-2:20 (arrival at 8:00am, dismissal at 2:20pm).
- First day is September 13th. It will be a full day for everyone K-5. Pre-K will receive direct information from the teacher about their schedule.
- We are waiting for guidance from the DOE to see if it will be possible to allow students in before 8:00 to support working families.
- Students will enter just as they did last year- using all entrances around the entire building. Detailed instructions will be coming out soon.
- We will not be using "Stop and Drop".
- Expect that we will continue with health screenings and temperature checks on a daily basis.
- We are waiting for guidance about social distancing.
- Currently, students will need to be 3 feet apart for instruction.
- Students and staff will continue to wear masks.
- This will impact class assignments, so we are waiting before communicating to families.
- Please continue to check our website for updates (ps55.org)
- Or email our Parent Coordinator, Michele Clark at: email@example.com
- As we get closer expect more updates and correspondence from us through our website and ROBO calls
Paul Giordano, Asst. Principal PS55