Maintain a regular routine
While its ok to stay in your pajamas and binge watch your favorite shows if that makes you feel good, two weeks is a bit much! Maintain routine provides structure and encourages healthy choices, and helps us to be mindful and stay present.
- Prepare and eat meals together, and disconnect from technology.
- Schedule time to do something that helps you relax - reading, yoga, walking the dog, etc.
- Schedule cardio and strength exercise using fitness routines, apps and videos from the web.
- Encourage routine hygiene - teeth brushing, showering, getting dressed, etc.
- Keep up with regular activities, such as practicing instruments and karate at home
Looking for resources? YouTube is filled with yoga videos; enter "yoga for kids" or "family yoga" in the search bar and gyms like the YMCA have online classes posted. PInterest is a great resource for quick craft projects and kid-friendly recipes. Finally, many services are working to provide online options. Check with your kids' music teachers, tutors, etc. for virtual instruction or suggestion for online resources.